Exchange Global Address Book
Accessing University of Nottingham Exchange 2007 Global Address Book with Thunderbird
Once you have Exchange Calendar Sync working, you can also configure Thunderbird to access the Global Address Book.
Go to Tools->Address Book. In the new window there should be a tree on the left with hopefully "Personal Address Book", "Collected Addresses" and the important one - "Exchange contacts". There should also be an "Add Exchange contact folder" button. Click it.
- Select an arbitrary name (e.g. "work") for the list
- Check the "Add global address..." button.
- In "Server URL" use https://legacy.nottingham.ac.uk/EWS/Exchange.asmx .
- In "Primary email address:" use <username>@exmail.nottingham.ac.uk.
- "Username" is <username>,
- "Domain name" is ad.
- Click save and verify.
You should now be able to go to Edit->Search Addresses.... Select "Exchange contacts" for "Search in", then choose your terms and press search. When you are writing an email, typing part of a name and waiting a little while will bring up matching addresses from the global list.
Ral 10:33, 30 October 2013 (GMT)