Applied Optics Group
- Caution major site maintenance in progress
Welcome to the Applied Optics Group Wiki. These web pages are primarily a resource for members of the Applied Optics Group, in the Electrical Systems and Optics Research Division within the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Nottingham. They are viewable to the outside world and may contain information of interest to others. It is a place for useful information, and personal and project homepages.
- Useful information including (amongst lots of other stuff):
- Applied Optics Lunchtime Seminars - alternate Wednesdays at 1pm, October-July. Internal and guest speakers. All welcome.
- Projects and Labs
- Personal Pages
- Latex pearls of wisdom
- Applied Optics Group team members
- Applied Ultrasonics Laboratory - part of the Applied Optics Group
- IBIOS, the Institute of Biophysics, Imaging and Optical Science - includes researchers and academics from both the Applied Optics Group and the Cell Biophysics Group
- Multidisciplinary Assessment of Technology Centre for Healthcare (MATCH)
- Applied Optics Group ("official" group website)
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- EEE staff look-up list
- The University of Nottingham | Portal | Outlook web mail access
Contributing to the wiki
Getting a log-in
If you're a member of the Applied Optics Group you are encouraged to add to and edit/amend this wiki - for example if you've got generally useful knowledge about something you'd like to share, or perhaps want to add a resource to the list of AO resources. To do so you should:
- Request a login AND
- Send an email to Roger.Light or Steve.Sharples to say you've done so (annoyingly, the wiki doesn't automatically tell us that there are account requests pending).
See the links on the left (below the Applied Optics Group logo)? Click the Help link.
The easiest way to start is to learn by example... have a look at the source for a wiki page similar to the one you want to create.
Or have a look at the Wikitext examples.
Here's a page about uploading and including images and documents.
Or you could consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
(The stuff below is for admins... ignore)