PhD student, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
Nadia Afroze received a Master of Science (M.Sc.) and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) from American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB) in 2014 and 2010 respectively. She joined AIUB as a Lecturer in the Department of EEE & Computer Engineering (CoE) on 9th January, 2013. She served as an Assistant professor in the same department at AIUB from 1st June, 2017 to 6th September, 2018. Nadia is now with the Department of EEE in Optics & Photonics Research Group at University of Nottingham (UoN) as a PhD student. She has received Faculty of Engineering Research Excellence PhD Scholarship from UoN for pursuing her PhD. Her research topic is-titled as "Optical Fibre Sensors for Healthcare". She is currently working on the project is-titled as "Monitoring of CO2 emitted from human skin during loading by using an optical fibre sensor".
Optics and Photonics Research Group, Faculty of Engineering, University of Nottingham, Room-1003, Tower Building, University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, England, UK
M.Sc. Thesis Title:
Performance Characteristics of a Designed InGaN based 420nm Oxide Confined Blue-Violet Laser
B.Sc. Project Title:
Design and Implementation of Wireless Digital Energy Meter using Microcontroller
1. Nadia Afroze, Rinku Basak, “Design & Performance Analysis of a 420nm Oxide Confined MQW Blue-Violet Laser”, American Academic & Scholarly Research Journal (AASRJ), Vol. 6, No. 1, January 2014, pp. 1-10.
2. Md Ashiquzzaman, Nadia Afroze, Taufiq Md. Abdullah, “Design and Implementation of Wireless Digital Energy Meter using Microcontroller”, Global Journal of Researches in Engineering (GJRE), Vol. 12, Issue 2, Version 1, February 2012, pp. 31-35.
3. Md. Ashiquzzaman, Nadia Afroze, Md. Jabed Hossain, Umama Zobayer, Md. Mottaleb Hossain, “Cost Effective Solar Charge Controller Using Microcontroller”, Canadian Journal on Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 12, December 2011, pp. 571-576
1. Nadia Afroze, Rinku Basak, “Optimized Characteristics of a Designed Oxide Confined 420nm MQW Blue-Violet Laser by Varying Differential Gain”, 1st International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information & Communication Technology (iCEEiCT), Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 10-12 April 2014.
Nadia Afroze, “Performance Characteristics of a Designed InGaN based 420 nm Oxide Confined Blue-Violet Laser” Thesis Talk, ESAB AIUB Unit Face, 1 December 2014.
Nadia Afroze, “Optical Fiber Sensing for Healthcare”, IEEE AIUB Student Branch, 21 January 2020.
Study Tour to “Rampura 230/132 KV Substation” Arranged by the Department of EEE, 27 November 2014.
Honors & Awards:
▪ Summa Cum Laude in M.Sc.
▪ Scholarships during B.Sc. and M.Sc.
▪ Scholarship during PhD: Faculty of Engineering Research Excellence PhD Scholarship – UoN
▪ Optical Fibre Sensors and their applications
▪ Runner-up in a 1 minute/1 slide pitch of 1st year project presentation – OPG showcase selection event (15 March 2019)
▪ Participant in Pitch Perfect PhD Presentations – Engineering Research Showcase, UoN (2 May 2019)
▪ Winner in an A0 poster of my research – OPG showcase selection event (8 April 2020)