Welcome to the Optics and Photonics Group Wiki. These web pages are primarily a resource for members of the Optics and Photonics Group, in the in the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Nottingham. They are viewable to the outside world and may contain information of interest to others. It is a place for useful information, and personal and project homepages.
- Useful information including (amongst lots of other stuff):
- AO resources
- List of publications - needs completing
- Laser Safety
- Linux How-tos
- Optics & Photonics Lunchtime Seminars - Thursday at 12pm, October-July. Internal and guest speakers. All welcome.
- Projects and Labs
- Personal Pages including PhD project pages
- Latex pearls of wisdom
- New Researchers
Contributing to the wiki
Getting a log-in
If you're a member of the Applied Optics Group you are encouraged to add to and edit/amend this wiki - for example if you've got generally useful knowledge about something you'd like to share, or perhaps want to add a resource to the list of AO resources. To do so you should:
- Request a login AND
- Send an email to Rikesh.Patel to say you've done so (annoyingly, the wiki doesn't automatically tell us that there are account requests pending).
Have a look at the getting started Wikipage instructions and the help contents page.
Additionally there is a uploading and including images and documents page and how to add publications page.
Otherwise, the easiest way to start is to learn by example... have a look at the source (edit) for a wiki page similar to the one you want to create and copy it.
(The stuff below is for admins... ignore)