Difference between revisions of "Raspberry Pi"
|Line 62:||Line 62:|
Revision as of 10:14, 14 February 2014
This is a page on configuring and using the Raspberry Pi and Rasbian. This could be adapted to other ARM based linux OSs. Details could be out of order and the page will need sorting at a later point.
The default user and password for Rasbian is;
Change as needed using
passwd in terminal
startx in terminal
Open terminal and enter;
sudo passwd root
enter the `comppassword` x2.
Change some settings of the OS by entering in terminal;
including the start-up routine.
Setting your IP address
- Edit /etc/network/interfaces
- Add midway;
iface eth0 inet static
address 128.243.74.xxx replace 'xxx' with your own IP
dns-nameservers 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124
- Add, as root, to the end of the file '/etc/environment' the line;
export http_proxy=http ://126.96.36.199:62267
- Create file '/etc/apt/apt.conf' and '/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/10proxy', and add to both;
Acquire::http::Proxy "http ://188.8.131.52:62267";
- Install synaptic;
- Use synaptic to install stuff. I've installed KDE.
- For KDM, change in /etc/kde4/kdm -> allowrootlogin = true