Lab 1006, Floor 10
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
The University of Nottingham, UK
Tel: 0115 84 66011
Mr. Junaid Ahmad earned his BS and MS both in Electrical Engineering from Pakistan and Malaysia with highest distinctions in respective years 2009 and 2012. Prior to commencing his PhD studies with the Advanced Optics Research Group under Prof. Stephen P Morgan he was working as Lecturer at Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan. During his MS research, he was engaged at Malaysian leading national Centre for Intelligent Signal and Imaging Research (CISIR) at Universiti Teknologi Petronas where he developed a novel algorithm for the estimation of depth in 3D using a single 2D image and its potential use in different image processing / computer vision applications. At present, Mr Ahmad is working on 'acousto-optics' to develop a new imaging technique based on light and ultrasound that will improve the imaging quality for small animal imaging used in preclinical research (funded by the National Centre for replacement, reduction and refinement of animal experiments). Mr Ahmad is the recipient of no. of awards/scholarships rendered to his research work and academics.
1. (WO 2013157920 A1) Method and system for vegetation encroachment monitoring relative to an object of interest, Malaysian patent Application (MYIPO) PI2012001768, filed April 20, 2012.
2. Depth Estimation using Triangulation from Single Image and its Applications, Malaysian patent Application (MYIPO) PI2011004719, filed on 30 September, 2011.
1. Junaid Ahmad, Aamir Saeed Malik, Mohd Faris Abdullah, Nidal S. Kamel, Likun Xia
"A novel method for vegetation encroachment monitoring of transmission lines using a single 2D camera"
Pattern Analysis and Applications, Springer, 18(2): 419-440, 2015.
2. Junaid Ahmad, Aamir Saeed Malik, Likun Xia, Nadia Ashikin
"Vegetation encroachment monitoring for transmission lines right-of-ways: A survey"
Electric Power Systems Research, Elsevier, vol.95: 339-352, 2013.
3. Junaid Ahmad, Aamir Saeed Malik, Likun Xia
"Effective techniques for vegetation monitoring of transmission lines right-of-ways"
IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques, 34-38, Penang, Malaysia, 17-18 May, 2011.